Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Yema Cake

As a wife and a fulltime mom, I am a fan of quick, easy and delicious recipes to prepare for my loveys. And ofcourse, my ultimate cookbook is-- the internet. Google and Youtube tutorials.

Aside from cooking Filipino dishes, I also like to bake. But sometimes baking doesn't like me :c Btw, today I got the energy (yes! Energy it is because my current pregnancy would always put me to bed. Very opposite with my first born) to make a Yema Cake for everybody here at home. So here's how I made it and I hope you will have a good one if ever you want to give this a try.

The ingredients:


Yup! Cake mix is the key! I told you im into quick and easy ones lol! (You can use any brand of your choice)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven in 350F. In a mixing bowl, put rice mix, 1cup water, 3eggs and 1/3 cup melted and unsalted butter together and mix together until everything is combined. You can use an electric mixer or a wire wisk  will do the trick.

2. After you get the desired consistency of the cake batter, pour it in a round springform cake pan like this.

Size depends on your desired servings. But before pouring the batter, cover the entire bottom part of the pan with an aluminum foil. This will prevent the bottom of the cake to get overcooked and avoid spills from pan.

3. Put the round pan on top of a large rectangular pan and get ready to pop it inside the oven at 375F for 25-30mins.

While baking.. On a separate pan, (for the Yema Frosting)
1. Turn on the stove in a medium heat. In a sauce pan, pour 1can of condensed milk, 3egg yolks, 1/3cup softened butter and bring to boil. Give it a stir while waiting to boil so that all ingredients will be combined well and once the mixture becomes to thickened or a little bit creamy and sticky like the Yema/custard, turn of the heat and let it cool.

Final instruction:
1. Once the cake is done, let it out from the oven and cool it down a bit. Once its cooled, pour the yema mixture on top of the cake. Add grated cheese (ooops! I forgot to put this on the ingredients list) on top for added flavor and also as a garnish lol!

2. Store in the fridge for like about 3-5mins depends on your preference. You can take off the round panel of the pan and serve it either cold or warm over a hot coffee and im sure you will surely love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ChocoBananaOatmeal Cookies

Hey Moms and Dads of Preschoolers like me, here is my latest discovery (well, atleast new to me lol!) that your picky eater won't resist...