Saturday, January 28, 2017

Bicol Express

     Hello everyone! Here's another cooking post lol!.. Looks like my page is turning out to be a recipe blog šŸ˜Š. Anyway, few days ago I watched Michelle Dy's Youtube vlog and she featured herself cooking this Filipino dish called The Bicol Express and I had the craving for this dish and checked my pantry and voila! I got all the ingredients. You know how it feels when you want to cook something and you got all the ingredients on hand? Woah! Heaven! Lol

So here are the ingredients and how I cooked it. Enjoy!

     Minced garlic, ginger, diced onion, serrano pepper
                          
             2lbs pork belly cut into desired serving size
                                         Coconut milk

Not in the picture: shrimp paste, cooking oil and lemon grass

Instructions:

Sautee pork in medium heat with oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Then cover the pan and let it simmer until pork becomes brown in color.
Add serrano pepper and shrimp paste. Stir, cover the pan and let it simmer for 3mins.
Add coconut milk and lemon grass. Stir and bring to boil. To adjust the spiciness, you can add white sugar, more coconut milk or use less serrano peppers.
Once the sauce becomes creamy and pork is kinda toasted (which I prefer), turn off the heat and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ChocoBananaOatmeal Cookies

Hey Moms and Dads of Preschoolers like me, here is my latest discovery (well, atleast new to me lol!) that your picky eater won't resist...