Monday, January 9, 2017

Cauliflower Fried Rice with Turkey Chorizo

So since this recipe has been circulating in Facebook and I started my diet to loose some weight brought by the holidays, I told myself to give this a try and it was sure a fire hit!. It is healthy, a great substitute for rice aside from Quinoa and so easy to prepare and lastly, it is tasty and my daughter even loves it and I guess for picky eaters, they would not even notice that its ground cauliflower-- unless you will really take a closer look at it lol!. So let me share it with you how I made it.



Ingredients:
Cooking oil
Onions (diced)
Carrots (diced or cut into tidbits)
Cauliflower (cut into tidbits) --I used a food processor though for faster result
Soysauce/salt and ground black pepper to taste

Optional:
Luckily, we still have some leftover homemade Turkey Chorizo made by my MIL so I used that as extra ingredients or you can use ham, shredded chicken, pork etc. Or you can just leave it as it is.

How to cook:
Sautee onions in cooking oil over a medium heat.
Once onions are tender, add your optional ingredients (ham, chicken, pork etc)
Once its cooked, add the cauliflower and carrots, mix everything in the pan and cover for 3 minutes.
Add soysauce/salt and pepper to taste and mix again
Transfer to serving plate and enjoy

I noticed that after eating, since it is not rice, i really dont feel heavily full (know what I mean?). It is just right and i feel lighter and energized to do more stuff. Unlike when you eat a lot of rice, you will feel heavy and sleepy haha. So there you go guys, this is worth giving a try and let me know in your comments how it works for you.

Ciao,
Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment

ChocoBananaOatmeal Cookies

Hey Moms and Dads of Preschoolers like me, here is my latest discovery (well, atleast new to me lol!) that your picky eater won't resist...