Sunday, December 18, 2016

It's been a long weekend

Atleast for me. I wasn't been able to blog for the past few days becauseit was a long 4days for me/us here at home. It started when my In-laws arrived on Wednesday night 12/14 at San Francisco Airport from Iloilo City, Philippines. They got here like around 9pm. Hubby picked them up right straight after his shift. They brought us some Pinoy goodies like barquilios, pulvoron, piyaya, my pinoy favorite shampoo, tea, Kraft Eden Cheese and the traditional Quezo De Bola and a loooooot more.  But my most favorite thing I got are these colognes from Bench


These was my favorite colognes back in my elementary and high-school days lol!.. I grew up not loving those fancy and expensive perfumes because it triggers my asthma. This may sounds weird but I have a conditional asthma where in it triggers in extreme situations like extreme weather conditions that I am experiencing right now (too hot or too cold), too sweet (in perfumes), etc.  Anyway my mother-in-law got this for me and my daughter.  Seafood Cities are selling these too but a little bit smaller size and pricey for $8 each i guess where as for all these 7, my MIL only paid Php500 or more like $10-ish. Beat that? My daughter also got some homemade dresses from my Hubby's Aunt who happens to be a tailor back home and I love how cute the colors and the designs. Too bad cause they are still big for y daughter and the dresses are best for summer. After few hours of chit-chats, we slept like around 2am and the next day was another long day :)

Thursday 12/15, we woke up around 7am because our Benz is due for some maintenance workout and the place is like around 2hrs away from here so we have to leave early before we hit the morning rush hour in Milpitas, Ca. Along with the In-laws, we reached our destination around 9am and hubby dropped us off to the Great Mall (an indoor outlet mall) for breakfast at Jollibee (yey!) while waiting for the rest of the stores to be open at 10am and do some shopping then hubby went to the dealership. We stayed in the mall for a couple of hours then Inlaws decided to do some groceries at the Seafood City Milpitas . And to avoid the traffic, we left Milpitas at around 3pm or so.

Friday 12/16, we headed to Turlock,Ca to get some more groceries from Costco and Target and got home by 2pm. When we get home, I had a terrible headache and felt nauseous so I just slept the whole afternoon.

Saturday 12/17 was a kinda busy day. I had to help my MIL to cook Dinuguan, Sinigang, Cassava Cake, then hubby was grilling Bangus, Porkchop and Talaba. It was like a welcome party for my Inlaws! lol!.. or just a simple get together since my Sister-in-law and family will be coming over from Vacaville. And we just super missed my MIL's cooking. I don't know how to cook Dinuguan so I watched her and will try it next time. And so, yesterday was full of food, drinks and catching up with a little bit of celebration for the Golden State Wariors' victory lol!..

Today 12/18 is just a homebumm day. Well, aside form going to the church this 9am, we just stayed at home and feasting on the left-overs lol!.. Hubby has to take a rest for now becuase he will be back working again tomorrow and will be off on the holidays till our daughter's 2nd birthday on Jan16. yey!.. I sooo love it when my hubby is at home with us. Since he goes to work and home every 4 days a week, still we miss him everyday. I guess im just being a clingy wife haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ChocoBananaOatmeal Cookies

Hey Moms and Dads of Preschoolers like me, here is my latest discovery (well, atleast new to me lol!) that your picky eater won't resist...