Thursday, September 14, 2017

September to Remember

I didn't know that today will be my last trip to the hospital with a huge 38weeks and 6days pregnant belly. I came in today for my required blood draw before my C-Section procedure on the 9th and for my final Fetal Non-Stress Test. It is my husband's dayoff so since San Leandro is quite a ride from Newman, we decided to get there very early and do errands after that. And so I got my blood draw done after an hour of getting there. YES! that's how busy their lab is. Then I headed to the 3rd floor for my NST (good thing I wasnt late for it). I got all the apparatuses set up in my belly, my vital signs are taken and my baby's activities are being monitored for 30 minutes. It was the sweetest 30 minutes of my life because I can sleep while this procedure is going on. Few minutes before the end of the session, the nurse is busy making phonecalls until she approached me and told me that I am on active labor and contracting very hard every 6minutes. And I was like, "really?" and then the nurse told me, "and you are not in pain?" then I smile at her. I told her that I can feel a strong contraction but I can still tolerate it. Based on what I've learned, told and experienced, if a pregnant woman can barely talk or walk with a pattered contraction, then that's active labor. She wanted me to be seen in the Labor and Delivery and I said OK. She they transported me to L&D and without hesitations, its up to me if we wanted to have the surgery today instead of waiting til Saturday. Im almost 39weeks pregnant anyway and considered full term. So without my "prepared" diaper bag, and with my sister-in-law's family came in to watch Shiloh while Vincent is with me in the OR, we finally said yes.

At 2PM, they started prepping me and began the procedure until it lasted for almost an hour. And then finally! I heard my daughter's cry for the first time. Baby out is at 2:51PM. She's so precious and..... SO HEAVY! hahaha having a birth weight of whooping 11.15lbs.. (beating Ate Shiloh's record of 10.14lbs hahaha!!) and 21inches long. And we will call her Saoirse (which means "freedom" in Ireland) Zarra (in Hebrew derived from Sarah, which means "princess") 

We feel so elated to have her. She's her sister's look a like. Those chubby cheeks wouldn't stop me from staring at her. She's truly a blessing to us.

And since it is an unexpected delivery, my husband and my daughter has to leave me for a night. I am just so thankful that the nurses in the L&D are so kind and caring. Plus, a lot of Pinay nurses too so I feel comfortable with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ChocoBananaOatmeal Cookies

Hey Moms and Dads of Preschoolers like me, here is my latest discovery (well, atleast new to me lol!) that your picky eater won't resist...